Find the one who’s the right fit for you. Our certified trainers have experience with all levels from couch potatoes to soccer moms to olympic athletes. You will always work with the same trainer but our staff works as a team. So, you and your workouts benefit from the more than 50 years of combined experience. Contact Us and get started today!
I bring 20 years of personal training experience to my clients in order to help them reach their fitness goals. I have worked with many levels of clients…from post surgery to actors and models to athletes who compete at all levels of sporting events. I have also trained in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai/Kickboxing and Boxing.
Certified Personal Trainer – American Counsel on Exercise (ACE), Baylor Sports Medicine Institute (BSMI), National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), National Exercise and Strength Training Association (NESTA)
Growing up very active in athletics, fitness has always been an integral part of my life! After playing various sports in high school, I went on to play collegiate basketball at Texas Lutheran University while earning my Bachelor of Science degree. I then decided to pursue my Master’s degree at the University of Texas in Austin and have been enjoying Austin ever since!
I’ve trained for and participated in marathons, half marathons, 10K’s, cycling events, sprint triathlons and the Austin Half Ironman. But I don’t believe everyone has to be a bodybuilder or marathoner to live a healthy lifestyle. In addition to my 7 years of personal training experience, I currently work as an Exercise Physiologist performing cardiovascular stress testing and cardiac rehab. I’ve had multiple internships in physical therapy during my undergraduate work, and, as I stated previously, I’ve put myself through various types of sport specific training programs. Whatever it is you may need or want, I would like to help you get there.
My initial goal for all my personal training is to improve the quality of life of all my clients. From there we can form a program to reach specific training goals and achieve the outcome you desire. I’d like to help you make fitness an integral part of your life, without being a chore. We can have fun while working hard to achieve your goals!
- Masters of Education, Kinesiology/Exercise Physiology – University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology/Exercise Science – Texas Lutheran University
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer – Level III
- BLS/ACLS Certified
- Exercise Physiologist St. – David’s Imaging Center/Austin Heart, Nuclear Medicine/Stress Testing Phase II/ Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Certified Personal Trainer – Gold’s Gym
- Outstanding Employee Recognition – Gold’s Gym 2007 and 2008
- Varsity Women’s Basketball Team Captain – Texas Lutheran University
- Recipient of Budwine Scholar Award
- Recipient of Mark Chapman Scholarship Award
I have a strong foundation in both functional and sport-specific training.
I have over 8 years of experience training all sorts of clients of all ages. Each client’s individualized program focuses on healthy nutrition, resistance training, improving mobility, flexibility and cardiovascular conditioning. Functional training with an emphasis on teaching you correct progression of weights, reps, and sets. I also have experience with post-rehabilitative clients and anti-aging and hormone replacement techniques. I design programs that fit each client’s specific goals and needs regardless of age or ability.
As a former athlete, I understand the time, effort and mentality needed to compete and perform at a pro level. I specialize in working with youth to collegiate baseball and football players creating individual training programs that concentrate on improving throwing velocity, bat and overall speed, reactiveness, and agility. The main focus is technique, exercise adherence and safety first, then improve their agility, speed, strength and power. The result is tangible and improvements in performance.
I teach you correct form so that you can implement an exercise program focused on 3 goals:
- body fat reduction
- muscle/strength gain
- balance/coordination and functional ability
Workouts are time efficient and effective!
- ACE – Certified Personal Trainer
- B.S. Exercise Sports Science – Texas State University
- Division 1AA Jr. College Baseball – Lon Morris
- Class ll Raw Powerlifter
- Volunteer Baseball Coach – William B. Travis H.S.
- Volunteer Strength Coach/Football – William B. Travis H.S.
“Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going.” This quote has been my inspiration to push through the obstacles I have been faced with in the seventeen years of the fitness experience I have gained.
At the age of eighteen, I began teaching kick boxing. The excitement of watching my clients bodies evolve into the aspirations and ambitions they gave themselves is what eventually led to my desire of helping others reach their own physical fitness goals.
- American Counsel on Exercise (ACE)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- International Business – St. Edward’s University 2001